Travel Protection Program
Underwritten by Nationwide®
- Standard travel protection: retail cost of 7.0% x trip cost.
- CFAR travel protection: retail cost of 9.8% x trip cost.
- Trip max is $100,000.
- Trip length max of 90 days.
- CFAR can cancel up to 48 hours prior to check-in.
Trip Interruption Reasons
The Company will reimburse You, up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Confirmation of Coverage, if You join Your Trip after departure or are unable to continue on the covered Trip due to any of the following reasons that are Unforeseen and take place after departure:
- Your Sickness, Accidental Injury or death, that results in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician at the time of Loss preventing Your continued participation in the Trip. A Physician must advise to cancel the Trip on or before the Scheduled Return Date;
- Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of a Family Member or Traveling Companion; booked to travel with You that results in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician preventing that person’s continued participation in the Trip;
- Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of a non-traveling Family Member;
- You or a Traveling Companion being hijacked, Quarantined, required to serve on a jury, subpoenaed, the victim of felonious assault during the Trip; having Your principal place of residence made Uninhabitable by fire, flood, volcano, earthquake, hurricane or other natural disaster; or burglary of Your principal place of residence during the Trip;
- If during Your Trip, a politically motivated Terrorist Attack occurs within a fifty (50) mile radius of the territorial city limits of the foreign city to be visited by the program for which You have registered and if the United States Government issues a travel warning indicating that Americans should not travel to a city named on the itinerary;
- Strike that causes complete cessation of services for at least forty-eight (48) consecutive hours;
- Weather at the departure site that causes complete cessation of services of the Common Carrier for at least forty eight (48) consecutive hours and prevents You from reaching Your destination. This benefit will not apply if the potential natural disaster has been forecasted or a storm has been named prior to purchase of this coverage;
- Weather at the destination site that causes complete cessation of services for at least forty-eight (48) consecutive hours or Your destination is rendered Uninhabitable on the Scheduled Departure Date by a natural disaster (such as hurricane). This benefit will not apply if the potential natural disaster has been forecasted or a storm has been named prior to purchase of this coverage;
- Natural disaster at the site of Your destination that renders Your destination accommodations Uninhabitable;
- You or a Traveling Companion is delayed or has arrangements cancelled by a Common Carrier due to delays resulting from Inclement Weather, mechanical breakdown, or organized labor Strikes that affect public transportation, provided:
- a) the scheduled carrier connecting times must be no less than ninety (90) minutes; and
- b) the scheduled time between arrival at the scheduled Trip departure city and the scheduled Trip departure is four (4) hours or longer;
- You or a Traveling Companion being required to work during the Trip. Proof of requirement to work, such as a notarized statement signed by an officer of Your or a Traveling Companion’s employer must be presented and said employer must comprise of at least twenty-five (25) full-time employees;
- You or a Traveling Companion has a previously approved military leave revoked or experience a military re-assignment;
- Mandatory evacuation (or public official evacuation advisements where there is no mandatory evacuation) issued by local government authorities at Your Trip destination due to hurricane or other natural disaster;
- Death of Your cat or dog during Your Trip as certified by a Veterinarian at the time of Loss preventing Your continued participation in the Trip;
- The unit becomes Uninhabitable while You are on a scheduled Trip due to a documented fire, flood, volcano, earthquake, hurricane, or other natural disaster;
- The unit, during the course of Your Trip, becomes inaccessible for forty-eight (48) consecutive hours at the direction of local authorities due to closure of local roadways or local municipality as a result of fire, flood, volcano, earthquake hurricane or other natural disaster;
- A closed roadway causing cessation of travel for You and/or a Traveling Companion for at least six (6) consecutive hours to or from Your Trip destination (substantiated by the Department of Transportation, state police, etc.).
The Company will reimburse You for the following:
- a) pre-paid unused, non-refundable land or sea expenses to the Travel Suppliers; unused portion of the pre-paid, forfeited, non-refundable Payments or Deposits You paid for Your Trip provided the premium paid is received by the Company (or its authorized representative) and You insure all prepaid Trip costs;
- b) the airfare paid less the value of applied credit from an unused travel ticket, to return home, join or rejoin the original Land/Sea Arrangements limited to the cost of one-way economy airfare or similar quality as originally issued ticket by scheduled carrier, from the point of destination to the point of origin shown on the original travel tickets;
The Company will pay for reasonable additional accommodation and transportation expenses incurred by You (up to$200 a day) if a Traveling Companion must remain Hospitalized or if You must extend the Trip with additional hotel nights due to a Physician certifying You cannot fly home due to an Accident or a Sickness but do not require Hospitalization. In no event shall the amount reimbursed exceed the Maximum Benefit shown on the Confirmation of Coverage.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: You must advise the Participating Organization and the Company or its authorized representative as soon as possible in the event of a claim. The Company will not pay benefits for any additional charges incurred that would not have been charged had You notified the Participating Organization as soon as reasonable possible.
***Benefits vary per state. Click the Certificate of Coverage link below and go to your state of residence to download a detailed Certificate of Coverage