Travel Protection Program
Underwritten by Nationwide®
- Standard travel protection: retail cost of 7.0% x trip cost.
- CFAR travel protection: retail cost of 9.8% x trip cost.
- Trip max is $100,000.
- Trip length max of 90 days.
- CFAR can cancel up to 48 hours prior to check-in.
Trip Cancellation Reasons
The Company will reimburse You, up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Confirmation of Coverage, if You are prevented from taking Your Trip for any of the following reasons that are Unforeseen and takes place after the Effective Date:
- Your Sickness, Accidental Injury or death, that results in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician at the time of Loss preventing Your participation in the Trip. A Physician must advise to cancel the Trip on or before the Scheduled Departure Date;
- Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of a non-traveling Family Member or Traveling Companion, booked to travel with You, that results in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician preventing that person’s participation in the Trip;
- Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of a non-traveling Family Member;
- You or a Traveling Companion being hijacked, Quarantined, required to serve on a jury, subpoenaed, the victim of felonious assault within ten (10) days of departure;
- Your principal place of residence made Uninhabitable by fire, flood, volcano, earthquake, hurricane or other natural disaster; or burglary of Your principal place of residence within ten (10) days of departure;
- You or a Traveling Companion being directly involved in a traffic accident substantiated by a police report, while en route to departure;
- You or a Traveling Companion has a transfer of employment of two hundred fifty (250) miles or more;
- If within ten (10) days of Your departure, a politically motivated Terrorist Attack occurs within a fifty (50) mile radius of the territorial city limits of the foreign city to be visited by the program for which You have registered and if the United States Government issues a travel warning indicating that Americans should not travel to a city named on the itinerary;
- Strike that causes complete cessation of services for at least forty-eight (48) consecutive hours;
- Weather at the departure site that causes complete cessation of services of the Common Carrier for at least forty eight (48) consecutive hours and prevents You from reaching Your destination. This benefit will not apply if the potential natural disaster has been forecasted or a storm has been named prior to purchase of this coverage;
- Weather that causes complete cessation of services for at least forty-eight (48) consecutive hours or Your destination is rendered Uninhabitable on the Scheduled Departure Date by a natural disaster (such as hurricane). This benefit will not apply if the potential natural disaster has been forecasted or a storm has been named prior to purchase of this coverage;
- After two (2) years of continuous employment at the same company, You are terminated or laid-off, from full time employment by that company within 30 days of the date of Your Trip;
- Natural disaster at the site of Your destination that renders Your destination accommodations Uninhabitable;
- You or a Traveling Companion is delayed or has arrangements cancelled by a Common Carrier due to delays resulting from Inclement Weather, mechanical breakdown, or organized labor Strikes that affect public transportation, provided:
- (a) the scheduled carrier connecting times must be no less than ninety (90) minutes; and
- (b) the scheduled time between arrival at the scheduled Trip departure city and the scheduled Trip departure is four (4) hours or longer;
- Your arrival on the Trip being delayed due to a Hazard that causes You to lose 50% or more of the scheduled Trip duration;
You or a Traveling Companion being required to work during the Trip. Proof of requirement to work, such as a notarized statement signed by an officer of Your or a Traveling Companion’s employer must be presented and said employer must comprise of at least twenty-five (25) full-time employees;
- Your or a Traveling Companion’s company being made unsuitable for business by fire, flood, burglary, vandalism or other natural disaster and You or a Traveling Companion is responsible for policy and decision making with the company and is directly involved as a member of the disaster recovery team;
- Your or a Traveling Companion’s company being directly involved in a merger, acquisition, government required product recall or Bankruptcy proceedings. You or a Traveling Companion must be an active employee of the company and must be directly involved in said event;
- You or a Traveling Companion has a previously approved military leave revoked or experience a military re-assignment;
- The primary or secondary school where You and/or a Traveling Companion(s) or Your or a Traveling Companion’s Dependent Children attend must extend operating session beyond the pre-defined school year, and interferes with Your scheduled Trip dates;
- Mandatory evacuation (or public official evacuation advisements where there is no mandatory evacuation) issued by local government authorities at Your Trip destination due to hurricane or other natural disaster;
- Death of Your cat or dog that occurs within seven (7) days prior to Your Trip Scheduled Departure Date as certified by a Veterinarian at the time of Loss preventing Your participation in the Trip;
- The unit remains Uninhabitable within seven (7) days immediately prior to and including Your scheduled arrival date from the date of documented fire, flood, volcano, earthquake, hurricane, or other natural disaster;
- The unit on Your scheduled arrival date or during the course of Your Trip becomes inaccessible for forty-eight (48) consecutive hours at the direction of local authorities due to closure of local roadways or local municipality as a result of fire, flood, volcano, earthquake hurricane or other natural disaster;
- A closed roadway causing cessation of travel for You and/or a Traveling Companion for at least six (6) consecutive hours to or from Your Trip destination (substantiated by the Department of Transportation, state police, etc.).
***Benefits vary per state. Click the Certificate of Coverage link below and go to your state of residence to download a detailed Certificate of Coverage